<body>



Thursday, July 10, 2008

MM 98: Make Your Business Economy-Proof

1. Announcements/Offers

What People are Saying About '10 Super Coaches'


To find out how 10 ordinary coaches are earning $30,000 to $1.4 million per year, and how you can do it too, click here:


10 Super Coaches


10 Super Coaches

"I was working on a marketing strategy that was going to cost quite a bit of money when I bought the ebook. It made me realise there is a MUCH more direct, and less expensive method. Saved me several hundred pounds and gave me a kick up the rear end to do something else. Thanks!"

Neil Gilbranch, United Kingdom

"David, the product is awesome! I cannot express it any other way. I'm still digesting the nuggets on every page and relishing every interview. Thank you for the your brilliance in its development."

Heather Fraser USA

Visit 10 Super Coaches



First Time Author Pre-Booked on Oprah???!!?


I've known Ariane for a little while and love what she is creating. Ariane is committed to helping people through life changes- big and small, personal and professional, even social and global! Her company, TheFirst30Days.com, covers dozens of these changes. She has recently published her foundational book, The First 30 Days; Your Guide To Any Change (and Loving Your Life More) . And before her first book is even published, she's pre-booked on Oprah!

Go to Amazon and pick up a copy of this great book. If you don't find it worth way more than you paid for it, contact us and I'll mail you a check for your purchase price ;-)


2. FEATURE: Make Your Business Economy-Proof


How is your coaching business doing in this slow economy?

Would you like to learn sound business practices that will boost your business
no matter what the economic conditions?


Think Positive

The first place to begin is with journaling. Buy a 99 cent notebook and start journaling about what was great the day before. Write one or two wonderful things from yesterday - even if it is that you walked your dog! It must be something that made you feel good and the bigger your sense of satisfaction and accomplishment, the better. Do this daily starting today.

The purpose of the above exercise is to keep you focused on the positive while you grow your business.

Get Accountable

Secondly, put in place someone that you can be accountable to. A spouse is a possible choice because they are tied to how well your business does, as long as it doesn't bring up fights. Set up weekly meetings with your accountability person and go over the following:

1. Money received this week

2. Money received so far this month

3. Number of new clients this week

4. Number of new prospects this week (or number of
exploratory coaching sessions)

5. Number of new subscribers this week

These two steps, journaling and weekly accountability, may help you to overcome many blocks you might currently be up against.

Now that you have the basics in place, we can start on building your business to be recession-proof!


Find Your Niche

In building a business, you want to identify a niche. Don't worry about being too specific because
your business will grow and expand to similar niches. However, starting out, you
will want to FOCUS on only one.


Here are some questions to get you started in finding the right niche for you:


1. Will it be fun?

2. Will they pay you? Can they afford you?

3. Are they experiencing pain or profit? (This is a good one. If they are experiencing pain, or a problem, how can you provide a solution? Or is there big profitability in what you're helping them with?)

4. Can you find them? (This question will tell you if you are not being specific enough.)

5. How well are they served? (Do a lot of other businesses cater to them?)

6. Can I build alliances?

Find Your Clients

Okay, now that you have discovered your niche, it is time to start building your client base!

1. Start by listing everyone in your niche. Say you are catering to pet grooming salons, list all the salons you can find. Do you see a worldwide potential?

2. Using the list you have made, make your goal to get your newsletter to every one.

3. List all the trade publications and submit your articles for print.

4. Speak at the next conference.

5. Identify vendors and explore the possibility of a partnership or alliance.

6. Identify all national and global associations and contact about the possibility of an alliance.

Make sure that every step of the way you are journaling and holding weekly meetings with your accountability partner.

If you are clear on who your clients are, you live in their world, and you are very visible to them, you will be amazed at how quickly your coaching business will grow!

***

This is from David's interview with Ernest Oriente in 10 Super Coaches Share Their Secrets if you are looking for more inspiration from successful coaches.


Action

1. Start a daily journal. Write what was great about the day before!

2. Find an accountability partner and schedule weekly meetings. (Could be a
spouse or close friend or a mentor coach.)

3. Define your niche.

4. Research any national or global association related to your niche.

5. Post the actions you will take at the blog.

6. What additional steps would you suggest your fellow coaches take? What is working for you right now? What has worked in the past? I invite you to share it on the blog.


***

Enjoy!






P.S. Got a comment on this article? Please add it to the blog.

16 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have a “little voice” inside that is our guide and we have to learn to tap into this resource. Learn to welcome it, embrace it (even when it's advice seems contrary to what you think the answer should be), and be open to the possibilities it can show you. When you are clear on your unique Purpose in Life, the “little voice” will be able to assist you in ways you may not understand at first; but when you trust it, it will help you express your Life’s Purpose.

I have a success story which is a direct result of having taped into my “little voice”. I have been trusting my judgment and even when the economic news seems to grow worse, I have found several exciting opportunities to explore; including one new area of coaching which I have not previously looked into.

With my greater understanding on how to listen to my “little voice”; I have also decided to turn down what seemed to be a good opportunity on the surface. My “little voice” was telling me that this new venture was not in concert with my Life Purpose. The right answer was there all the time! I just had to trust what my “little voice” was telling me. As a result, I now have more time to focus on my coaching practice.

Trust in your self and you will be an awesome coach!
To our success,

Mike Bellard
Personal Success Coach
Peoria, AZ
Your guide on the road to Success!

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

David's suggestion to have an accountability buddy really works for me. My buddy makes suggestions and I get a whole load of work done without realising it.
Martine
Contented Living Coaching
Co. Kerry
Ireland

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Pain or pleasure?" This is a great way to think about providing services to your clients. If you can take away their pain they will love you for ever. If you can give them pleasure they will come back for more. Try dividing yoour services into one or the other and then targetting them at your market.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger JimQ said...

Great programs David, you have a lot of resources for life coaches! We've used accountability buddies at church for years with success. Thanks! Jim www.lifecoachbuzz.com

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've worked hard to create a brand
for myself that is immediately
identifiable. I carry my brand into
everything my life touches- my car,
my clothes, my house, my keyring!,
and even my inkpen are color-cordinated in variations of the same four colors, and expressive
of the same style. I recently
moved to another state. I left my
inkpen in a heavily traveled store
and received a phone call from the
store's owner the next day- who said when he saw it he knew immediately who it belonged to.
Of course he already had my card-
and my phone number. It was a
proud moment. Maria, Ohio

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger JudeEastman~LifeCoach said...

Mike-

I too use my little voice. When I designed my Life's Purpose and started living aligned with it, my life became flooded with opportunities that bring me satisfaction and joy.

Jude Eastman
www.stirringthespiritwithin.com

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger JudeEastman~LifeCoach said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying the teleclass with Alex and David.

This really helped me to see that I can stay in beautiful Montana and still share my message globaly.

Thanks,

Judy H. Wright, aka Auntie Artichoke, family relationship coach and author

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger livingsoulcoaching said...

Jenny Cheung is a spiritual Life coach in all area of life.
Life is magical. We all have what we need in us to live life to full happiness and joy.
We all will benefit from allow some time for ourself to reflect where we are in life, something like a holistic checklist for life once a month to give ourself an opportunity to review what is happen in the time and notice what things are not serve us any more as well as what make us grow.
A very powerful ritual that Jenny use to balance her world at all levels. Life should be simple and joyful.

You can find Jenny Cheung at

www.livingsoulurbanretreat.com.au

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is the first day of my life, I decided just yesterday that my life will be dedicated to helping people reach their true potential through lifestyle coaching. I couldn't be more excited and positive about the change I'm about to make and am thrilled that I've finally found my path. I've already started my daily journal "what was great about yesterday" and my partner and confidant will be my accountability partner, he's amazing and supportive the best man on the planet (sorry gent's no disrespect) the next step is to find my niche and get started! What a beautiful day ;-)

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Billgreen54 said...

Coaching and mentoring clients who have nothing to loose but everything to gain has been rewarding and great fun for me. I look forward to speaking to clients around the world. My core focus is international relationships, a real niche for me since I live and work in Ukraine. Moving to Nikolaev almost a year ago has given me many freedoms in life.

Bill Green
Life and Relationship Coach
Nikolaev, Ukraine

Life is an Adventure.... Live it!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Teia said...

As a private caregiver I found myself in the role of Life Coach too. I decided to check out what I needed to grow in this faciet of my life.
I have started my journal today, and I too have my husband as my accoutablitiy person, and he must be the twin to another blogger's husband, because he too is just the most wonderful partner for life.
I have enjoyed everyone's blogs, and looking forward to learning from you all.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of journaling your blessings each day. I had a journal and realized that I had not been keeping up with it. Thank you for the reminder of how it important it is to remember the blessings in our life.

Stacy Harshman
Career Coach
www.YourFulfillingLife.com

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For many years I give my time and help, grounding in some small way. This area has occured with me all my life, from family, friends, associates, work colleagues and people i dont know. I am new and value all advice that i read from all and would like to continue this guidance and leadership of self growth. Step by step is a process I would like to follow with Davids lead into coaching. I look forward to networking with all and value any assistance I may receive to ensure my pathway will help not only those but for myself to share the knowledge and help. The voice inside is the tool for which helps guides us, staying positive among the challenges that cross our path.
Regards, Maraea

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Agrad said...

I am new to solution box and like to say that so far I very happy with the content.

The first action that I took was to start creating a website. I called it Fitness Miracles. It is coming along slowly.

In response to Berry's Winter post about Pain and Pleasure. I believe that you do not want to take away the pain. You just need to associate with what they do not want. By doing this there transformation will be more permanent. I thought that I would post an example Here.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Susan Leipsner, Dir. Lydia Ministries International said...

If you have a difficult time remembering to journal, sign up for (sorry, don't mean to promote, but I use it all the time) google mail and use google calendar. I use it daily to jot in my journal notes, along with checking what I have going on today. It's difficult for me to remember to pull a notebook out, and I travel internationally. Even if I have to use an internet cafe without my laptop, I can still use the google calendar and mail, around the world. It's just one way that I stay organized. Hope this helps someone.

www.lydiaministry.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home