<body>



Friday, July 04, 2008

Poetry (I know, who knew?)

Special
Through clouded eyes
I have always been special
Standing taller than half the world
Yet shorter than the rest
A lonely height, indeed

No wit, nor speed, nor pain
Could match mine own
Superior, and broken, entwined

Yet now
With eyes wide seeking
Pain lashing me forward
I seem quite ordinary

As ordinary as a leaf
As ordinary as a stone
As ordinary as a rainbow

Prison
Prisoner of my own mind
How do I embrace thee?
Turn the cold bars white with love?

I shout at the wallsThe walls of my shouting
I wail at the lockThe lock of my hate

Loathing hardens the bars
In love, they shimmer and mist

If I loved my prison,
What then would I call it?Is it even mine
To worry after?

She
I starve for her so
I taste mine own hunger
Craving her sweet breath
Her shampooed hair, wafting
Through my brain

Dance free
Curve and sway
So I may be free
For I know not
Mine own dance

Come, nameless one
Complete me
For I was born yearning
Let me suckle at the breast
I never had
And walk, with blind eyes
Past the Divine
WaitingWithin
And swaying with every leaf.

Joy
What joy
To be aware
Cradled by the Universe
In a bed cloud
Or not

Delicious thoughts
My private TV
Serving me

Let’s start again
Hello, mind
I’m David, or not

Share your stories with me
Share your lives with me
Be just as you are (as if you could be anything other)

I’m listening now
Curiosity, a smile, replacing
blind belief


Making Love
Diving to the depths of being
Souls unclothed
Pulsing
Our racing hearts
thumping in stillness


Goddess
I began, as your teacher
A wise man,
with years to his name
A provider,
weighted by bags of gold

I alone held the key,
to the gateway,
of your pleasure,
and the way to opening
Teacher, banker, landlord, pimp
Master, and owner

And now, I find
through some whim of God…

My teachers cloak in shreds!
My years are as ash,
floating in the breeze by
your soaring wisdom
My gold lay in the gutter
as you glide past it,
in your own,
hard earned finery.

Pleasure is yours,
as it ever was
to claim and flow
Your body a temple,
where others
may drink and tithe

The chain of need smashed!
Shattered!

No longer, a reason to stay.

As you approached the oasis,
You saw your frailty
shimmer and mist.
A mirage,
nothing more.

You walk alone
A Goddess resplendent
Radiant.

I have no golden cuffs by which
to hold you.
No finery with which
to dazzle you

I stand before you
Naked
Without even body
I lay down my wit, my charm
my special stories.
Neither teacher nor student.
Not provider nor beggar
No tantric guru or exclusive…
exclusive…
anything.

All that’s left,
is me.
laid bare.

And now Goddess
With the world at your feet
And suitors flocking
I am astonished!

As I find you walking freely,
by my side
in the garden of not knowing.

I marvel
that you are here
And at last,
I see the true face
of love.


by David

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home