<body>



Wednesday, April 19, 2006

David and the donkey

Great time in Marrakech!

Quite an experience hanging out with 400 millionaire entrepreneurs under the age of 40.

My favourite experience was playing donkey polo - you have to check out that pic:



Some things I am bringing back from the Young Millionaire’s conference:

- You CAN get a lot of free publicity if you know how. Hint: Contact the journalists, NOT the editor (Stay tuned for more on this topic) I heard a guy speak who got 3,200 articles, and on EVERY major talk show.

- Met a lady who plans to be a senator within 5 years

- Survey your customers for where you're failing, and where you're succeeding. (Also your competition's customers for what they are doing well, and poorly)

- I would LOVE to do online fundraising for charity. If you have any information or contacts related to this, please post it here on the blog. - I feel called to support http://www.cuddleparty.com/ more actively. I feel this makes a solid contribution to the world.

- I'm going to read 'Good to Great' by Jim Collins and 'Mastering the Rockefeller Habits' by Verne Harnish and 'Tipping Point' by Malcolm Gladwell. And if you haven't read 'The E-Myth Revisited ' yet by Michael Gerber, you shouldn't be running a business. (Ok that's strong, but you don't read my stuff to be molly-coddled, right?)

- Who's on your dream team? Make a list of your ideal dream team of supporters and mentors, and enroll them.

- Is it time to upgrade your rolodex? I flew to Morocco, and paid about US$8,000 for the privilege, so I could hang out with people who think bigger (in business) than my current network. And BOY did it expand my thinking. I also went to the Yanik Silver conference in DC to meet people who are doing HUGE things on the internet. So - where will you find the crowd that will pull you up?

- 1.5 of my new staff members resigned while I was traveling. I was close to being upset, but quickly realized there's a lot to learn from the experience, and the next incarnation will be even better, and more tailored to what we need.

UPDATE: I'm now in the Philippines with Dr. Rob and one of my best buddies Nathan. It feels good to be working with two of the people I respect and admire most on the planet. Back to NY May 15, and then I'd like to stay put for at least 6 weeks!

More pictures of Morocco:




5 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David you are a web marketing GENIUS. What a learning experience your blog is. You helped me with my relationship, then my business, all from one newsletter email!

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes you look to be having a good time.. but what is with the under 40s bit? Who cares whether you are 30s, 40s etc... You as a 'coach' have revealed a limiting belief which can cause exclusion to a potential client base.

I understand that you are promoting the idea that you don't have to be old to be a millionaire but being a millionaire isn't exclusive to any age.

Think as well about the impact on the planet of all the airflights you are taking to live your dream.. sounds like an eco-nighmare

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, good on you for having a go, mate.

You might be morphing into an online salesman but you still give it up to your readers and that's a fine thing.

For those who feel marginalised, there's always the unsubscribe button! (And I'm way over 40!) ;o

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger David Wood said...

I'm really enjoying your comments!
Thanks Martha, Jason, DWJ.

Jason - I'm not sure what you're looking for. But www.InternetClients.com can definitely help you with YOUR online business.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger David Wood said...

Anon - if you have an issue with the under 40 bit (and I can understand you feeling excluded), I didn't set the limit. You can take it up with www.eonetwork.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home