<body>



Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Australia Trip

I'm in Oz right now, hanging in Cessnock with my parents.

That's about 2 hours North of Sydney.

Here are my two highlights so far:

- lying under the stars holding my Mum, and us both crying fully at our pain of losing Bronwyn (the woman I proposed to) and Katherine (my sister, when I was young). I’ve only let myself go like that in front of about 5 people in my life, and never my parents. And I’ve never seen her cry like that. It was a very healing experience, and a very powerful step forward in our relationship.

- I found out the guy who was Mum’s ‘second father’growing up has Alzheimers and is in a home. Mum confessed she’s been too chicken to visit him becausethey said he wouldn’t know her. So I took her out to the home. It was such a moving experience - after 10 minutes he knew her. And I felt I deeply connected with him. Looking into his eyes reminder me of looking into the eyes of a 2 year old. Just there, present, vulnerable, soaking you in.
96 year's old! He wants to leave this Earth. He says often things get worse and he feels it's time to go, then he just gets better again.
At the end he looked me in the eye and said 'Good luck to you'.
I put my hand on his heart and and said 'And good luck to YOU'.

David in Oz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home