<body>



Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Stop Global Warming - what's our move?

I'm a newbie to the global warming issue, and committed to making a BIG impact by HELPING people to change mass behaviour.

My question is: HOW CAN WE BEST SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT?

Here's my current thinking. Would appreciate you adding to it:

PERSONAL GOALS FOR ALL PEOPLE
a) watch one key video (call it THE VIDEO)
b) reduce their own carbon imprint to zero
c) contact their lawmaker on a piece of key legislation

LEADERSHIP GOALS FOR PEOPLE
a) have 100 friends watch THE VIDEO
b) have 100 of their friends to reduce imprint to zero
c) have 100 of their friends contact their lawmaker

I figure THEN we'll have a movement, with integrity. Perhaps when people can check off the above list they can call themselves a 'climate champion' or whatever label we come up with.

HOW TO MAKE ALL THIS HAPPEN
Rather than start our own, or my own charity, I'm thinking to find an existing charity that:
a) uses publicity and email communication effectively
b) motivates people to take the above actions
c) is open to help re: strategy, internet marketing, etc (i.e. will listen)

...and then we can support that charity as much as possible, driving traffic to their site and email capture.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Craziness? Please post your comment below.

As I said, I'm new, and could use all your help as I clarify my thinking - and before we ask the 70,000 people on my list to act.

Thanks,

David

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home