<body>



Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chillin’ with Nicolas Cage and Wonder Woman


I generally look down on groupies. People chasing celebrities just to get a spark of their energy, or a moment of fame because someone who IS somebody spoke to them.And yet there I was at the After Party for National Treasure II.


Thinking it pretty boring, I was about to leave when my friend suggested we head towards the middle where there were more people. I almost missed Ed Harris walking right past me, and then spotted Nick Cage and John Voight in a knot of 50 people. At this stage I was still adamant I was ‘above it all’, but I gravitated towards the stars just to be at the centre of this celebrity-nova. And then it happened.


As Nicholas brushed right past me, a voice that wasn’t mine said: “Are you spent, or could you do one more photo Mr. Cage?” A few words with Nick, a few words with John Voight, and then it was all a blur until I came to and found myself hugging and posing for pictures with Wonder Woman (who by the way was just a darling, and had very nice things to say about red heads).

Now I think I’m hooked. I had such a good time I’d like to go to more of these functions – to see all the hype and pomp – to play with it – to see who I connect with. And to get pictures with people simply because a lot of people know their face. Oh my God, I’m a groupie! Where can I get help?

Oh, how’d I get into the after party?

I asked. As people left the theatre after the premiere I asked them (a lot of them) if they were going to the after party. Eventually a couple said they were too tired and going home, so I said: “Oh, my friend and I are short two passes if you wouldn’t mind us using them”.




1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger DavidH said...

Looks like fun. Wonder Woman has a name and it's Lynda Carter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home