<body>



Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Book: publishers

I had the feeling it that it would be very difficult to find a publisher. I didn't want to approach 100 and get 100 rejections - you hear about such hard slogs. And that was one of my hesitations in committing to a book.

But when I committed, I committed to having it published. And I'm very willing to self publish. After all - I'm going to be the one marketing it, and I'm the one that's going to make it a best seller. I just want a publisher for a) more credibility b) less hassle (e.g. language translations) c) wider distribution. But I'm very willing to self publish.

And interestingly, excitingly, the universe seems to be supporting this book! I 'sighted' John Gray 2 weeks ago in a hotel, one thing led to another, and he's agreed to take a look at my book and consider endorsing it. He also referred me to a top agent in the business. A good friend and author (Michael Port) offered to help me with the proposal and introduce me to his publisher (thank you so much Michael!). Another successful author offered to forward the proposal to his editor when it's ready. And on the plane back from California last week, the guy sitting next to me just landed a book deal, and referred me to his editor!

I'm excited - I'm intentional. Yay!

David

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always known that I have a lot to share and to be an encourager to others. I have loved facilitating support groups for women dealing past sexual abuse and co-dependent issues, but always volunteered to do it. I even wrote a 12 week program. Now my financial situation has changed and would love to learn how to coach groups, help woman, AND make a living. Your upcoming book sounds like one I would be interested in.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well David your auto commentator is becoming quite agitated with me for not being involved. I have been working on and completed a project however I am now in a position to become more involved.

I want to help people to combat obesity either 1 to 1 or in groups but not like weight watchers.

Your book may give some guidance about this topic though coaching should be the answer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home