<body>



Monday, November 28, 2005

Abina - an unusual being

I've met an amazing lady.

You ever hang out with someone, and think how lucky you are that they want to hang with you?
A good friend of mine, Cindy Joseph, said once: "I see how much I've grown, and how wonderful I've become, by looking at the amazing people I'm attracting into my life".

This is true for me - it's hard to see myself. But by looking at Abina, in a way I see who I must be 'being', for her to hang out with me. Which is pretty cool!

Ready to meet her?










Abina is smart, and wise, present, still, clear, and beautiful, and loving, and fun.....
She's so interested in and curious about people.
She's from Vermont and likes apples with almond butter, dagoba lavender dark chocolate, carrot burdock kinpura, and decaf soy lattes.
She loves to laugh.
And to get her hands covered in dirt while gardening.
She's a snow boarder, trained yoga teacher, has adopted families in Africa, and manages the curriculum for a major nutritional school.
She finds everything perfect (mostly), is a perfectionist, asks for what she wants, and let's me know every single time I do or say something that she likes.
More importantly, she's responsible for me touring the Ben and Jerry's factory last month!

We pressed each others buttons, and stayed in communication through it all. In the end, she wanted lots of time apart and I wanted lots of time together, so we let go the structure of 'committed relationship'. A painful parting for me, yet - it was truly a wonderful three months.

And now I'm even clearer on what I want. Yay!

5 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, I wrote the other day but it looks like it didn't get through.

I'm glad to see that you have someone special in Abina.

I have been with you for years now and you never mentioned anyone so I'm glad to see that you have that someone special.

Al

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David:
It is great to see that you not only have met someone as wonderful as Abina but you are able to recognize and acknowledge it. I believe that if you keep looking at each other with the "eyes of love" then no matter how much you’re pushing each others buttons you will be able to look at your differences as a channel of getting to know each other better and to try and adopt new ways and views. When we look at our partner with "eyes of love" we embrace our differences instead of seeing them as challenges or get antagonistic about them which is usually the poison that comes into our relationships. You may be surprised to find that this way you will be able to talk about issues that you see in a different pattern and either adopt the others person views or even together find a new way of dealing with an issue by compromising both sides. Thus I wish you both all the best for the New Year and that you do keep your eyes open with love.
Julie from Thessaloniki, Greece

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello David, I am Glad to hear that you feel good for having the 3 month break, i often find that when i do something that is against what i believe or want or how i originally planned to do something that i feel fresh and open to the lessons that the universe is giving to me. It is so good to be patient and have fun while you wait to get what you have asked for, the journey is always refreshing. Keep loving it for it is.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,

I found the hardest thing in love relationships was to actually see the person for who they are. In other words, try to take off the rose colored glasses as quickly as possible.
You deserve a partner that is just as sensitive and caring as you are. Eventually you will find someone who is fully capable of returning your devotion and love.

Blessings to you in your search.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

david,

did you ever think that maybe abina wouldn't want you to post all this information on the internet?

how about giving the woman some respect and privacy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home