<body>



Friday, August 19, 2005

MM #43: Who Are You Starbucking With?


What People are Saying About 'First Fifty Clients'?

How Did A Former Helicopter Rescue Nurse Get 17 Life Coaching Clients in Just 3 Months?

Find out at:

First Fifty Clients

"David's strategies helped me get my coaching business up and running with 17 clients after just three months! And I couldn't believe I had $3,000 a month coming in just from helping people with their lives!"

Estelle Gibbins,
Brisbane, Australia

"I have applied the information, with terrific results. I started last Monday, making a deal with myself to have a new client each day. So far, that has occurred - and I have ten new clients!"

Julie Gleeson, USA
The Art of Living

Visit http://www.solutionbox.com/cmd.asp?ad=57067



Did you get your Free Internet Clients Course?

If you're not already getting your 15 free lessons in the 'How to Get 95% of Your Clients From The Internet' ecourse, I suggest you register right now!

Free eCourse


Cuddle Party Fever hits Marie Clare Australia (Blog News)

Apologies if you couldn't read the US Marie Clare article on Cuddle Parties. It's now fixed and you can read it on the blog here: Cuddle Parties. And I understand the latest Aussie issue of Marie Clare is now showing my lovely mug!

Also on the blog: When I got back to Melbourne after a year away, it was SO fun to finally meet the man producing all the SolutionBox products. And I got to meet up a powerful who keeps a lot of ball in the air at SolutionBox® See my one room production house.



2. FEATURE: Who Are You Starbucking With?

Recently I had the great pleasure of connecting with Suzanne Falter- Barnes of www.HowMuchJoy.com.

We sat in a Starbucks in Union Square, Manhattan – and let the ideas fly!

It was pretty clear she has created some wonderful tools that will be very useful to MentorMonthly™ subscribers, and she’s pretty excited to bring our resources to her own loyal subscribers. Suzanne is a really fun, motivated lady who is REALLY making an impact on coaches, authors and speakers.

Coffee shops provide a great relaxed environment for conversations ranging from hot gossip to multi-million dollar deals and a good coach can maximize this. Over steaming lattes you can bounce ideas off one another and get useful feedback from your guest as well as gaining potential clients.

Who Should You Be Starbucking With?

You never know where your ideal client or a great ideas will come from. We all know 'people who know people'. Adult educators, managers of gyms or clubs, health care professionals and sports coaches, to name but a few, have daily contact with potential ideal clients.

Think about your ideal clients. Who else has contact with them? If your ideal clients are writers, do you know any agents, café owners, or editors? If your ideal clients are dentists can you see any hygienists, dental suppliers or orthodontists? Who else courts the same type of clients and what can you do together?

Ideas are flying

What ideas could you come up with together? Swapping business cards and brochures at your place of business? Promoting his e-course while he promotes your e-book in your newsletters. Doing a joint seminar. Putting your tips in her monthly newsletter for her clients. Writing a review for their book at Amazon. Partnering together for a teleclass.

Inspire one another.

Worth the price of a cup of java? I think so!
Enjoy!


David


(P.S. Got a comment on this article? Going to do something about it? Add it to the blog here)


4 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Mattison Grey said...

David
I've been using Starbucks as a marketing tool for years! I am a coach, but I coach primarliy in person. I use Starbucks to have informational meetings with prospective clients. Sitting down and having a coffee is much less intimadating then coming to my office. I think that Starbucks has changed the way buisness is conducted in America, and has been, I believe, instrumental in the entrepeunership boom. Many people who can not yet afford the overhead of an office, can have business meetings at Starbucks.
I would love to know the dollar value of the commerce that happens in Starbucks each day.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Dan Short said...

Ah yes - I look back fondly on my early days coaching my clients in Starbucks or other coffee houses. It was such a fun time, and I used to feel so excited to meet a new person and help them make changes. All over a tall decaf flat white coffee!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Shel Horowitz, author, Guerrilla Marketing Goes Green said...

David,

I have nothing against Starbucks, which is a decent company. But I do object to the coined word "Starbucking"--not because of any purity-of-language concerns, but because I'm a strong believer in supporting independent local businesses. I have a lot of great meetings in cafes--maybe we could call it "coffeehousing"--but I try whenever possible to have them in locally-owned and operated facilities that reflect the personality of my community, and whose profits remain in the community. This is a huge issue across many industries.

"Starbucking" creates an expectation that it can only be done at Starbucks, and that's what I object to.

I've been writing and talking about local-community economics for many years. Thanks for giving me space to sound off.

--Shel Horowitz, author of Principled Profit: Marketing That Puts People First and founder of the Business Ethics Pledge (which can be signed at http://www.principledprofits.com)

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger David Wood said...

You're welcome!(grin)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home