<body>



Thursday, May 03, 2007

Create #49: Don't Forget to Celebrate

1. Announcements/Offers

What are they Saying about 'Explode Your Practice™'?

"David, thanks so much for creating Explode Your Practice™. I've listened to all the libraries, and my coaching practice is booming as a result!

I have:
  • 21 new exploration sessions booked
  • 9 new clients
  • my website appearing in all major search engines, and
  • I've started coaching international clients!

Daniel Midson-Short
Australia
www.lifestylerevolution.com.au



"I have already listened to at least 6 hours and my ability to open my practice has been accelerated by at least 3-6 months. Hearing David's real life advice to coaches has made a huge difference for me.

This will take months off my learning curve. I won't have to go through the frustrating trial and error process which costs time, money and clients! Thank you, David!"

Jeannie Crowell
Oregon, USA
jcrowell @ bendcable.com


Get your 'Explode Your Practice' CD set at:

www.ExplodeYourPractice.com

2. FEATURE: Don't Forget to Celebrate

We rush through one thing so we can get to the next. Just like the window decorator at the shopping mall, we can't wait for Christmas to be over so we can start getting ready for Valentine's Day. There might be snow outside, but we're already thinking about the beach.

In our society, we experience a certain pressure to finish as much as possible in the shortest amount of time - all in the name of efficiency. A "to-do" list with everything checked off is a wonderful thing to behold.

But what happens when you're so wrapped up in the big finish that you don't pay attention during the race itself? You miss the experience of the journey.

A Goal Reached

One of my clients achieved a huge goal - she launched her newsletter. Instead of being a source of pride and accomplishment, it was a non-event. Why? She was disappointed that the launch was two months behind schedule. She was beating herself up for her perceived tardiness instead of feeling good about reaching an important goal. And this particular goal was enormous!

Upon realizing that her achievement was an important milestone no matter the timing, she created a celebration - a road trip to see a dear friend - as a gift to herself.

Recognize Your Victories

Chances are, you've achieved something during the past 3-6 months. Did you stop, feel the sense of accomplishment, and take time to celebrate? Or did you move on to the next project?

It's never too late for a celebration. Think of a way to reward yourself or make note of what you have done. No, you are not being indulgent - you are thanking the universe and attracting even more success by acknowledging that good things do happen.

Here are a few examples of accomplishments to celebrate, with ideas of how to give them their due:
  • Made a new friend
    • Plan a special lunch together
  • Completed a project for work
    • Take a day off and do whatever makes you happiest
  • Went to the gym every day all week
    • Treat yourself to new workout clothing or equipment
  • Finished a cooking class
    • Invite friends over and show them your cooking technique
  • Got your first article published
    • Getting a ticket to that writing seminar you've been thinking about
  • Reached your goal for number of leads followed up
    • Buy a nice plant for the office, then go out dancing at night

Take the Time

Many people complain that time passes too quickly. But there's a way to make it slow down - by slowing yourself down. Relish the moments. Smell the roses. Celebrate.

Action

  1. Write down every goal
    you've reached in the past six months - no matter how small.
  2. Which ones did you celebrate or acknowledge in some way?
  3. Choose a way to celebrate what you've achieved in the past 6 months. Tell those important to you.
  4. Share it with the world by posting on the blog right now! .
  5. Invite your friends to consider and celebrate their wins. More celebration in the world is a good thing!
Enjoy,

3. The Personal Touch

I've had a girlfriend for 5 months now, and I'm blissed. And learning. I'm seeing my desire for security, my ego & desire to feel special, more clearly than ever before. I'm putting even more attention on what Kristina wants, ahead of these feelings that may not be serving me. I wrote a book on it once, but for the first time I've now actually committed to giving a woman everything she wants, even when it's terrifying for me. There's a lot of conditioning and habit for me to unravel! I'll let you know how we do.

Well I've definitely recovered from the whole India experience. The fragility is gone and I can't stop making plans with Kristina.

My trip to Australia, with my buddy Ezra, was awesome. You can view pics, notes, and a WAY COOL 7 minute slide show at www.koalajuice.com.

Coming up: Orlando and Disneyworld in May, Puerto Rico in June, Costa Rica in July, Burning Man & Harbin Hot Springs in September, and my parents are visiting me in NY (first time ever) in October. Kristina and I are doing 2-4 More House courses in a row, which will probably be life changing.

I'm working less than ever, and April was a record sales month. Wild, huh? In two days' time I'll be sharing the stage with speakers like Armin Morin and Jay Abrams, which I never saw coming. (And the organizers called me, which feels great.) I'll be getting footage of that talk so stay tuned.

Love David!

P.S. Comments invited on the blog.

7 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all the great success David, it's well deserved. I've been reading your posts for a while, thanks for the excellent content.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Lori Smith said...

2 Weeks ago, I spent the entire weekend at the Body, Soul & Spirit Expo here in Calgary AB, Canada. Working the booth and meeting lots of great people

Along with taking a full day off work to sleep, I took a day in the mountains. Had a weiner roast, marshmellows and spent the afternoon, walking the river and blowing bubbles with my spouse.

It was great fun indeed!

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! This is my first time here, but I just wanted to shout this from the rooftops. My dream has always been to work in one particular country, but family and friends didn't understand why I wanted to leave the good old USA. Well..after years of working towards my dream,starting in September I will be living it. I begin work in FLORENCE, ITALY !! I will be working in my dream country! I am so excited!!! Thanks for listening!! YEA!!!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger July18 said...

Just wanted to share and celebrate my new adventure. I hired Wayne Lee, a hypnotist, to come to Regina,Sask. June15th to do a show with the money going to the firefighters Burn Fund as well as to Family Services Regina. My goal is 1000 people to share in a night of fun filled laughter. I am going door to door each night meeting some wonderful people to promote this event. I celebrate life each day!!! Helen Cowan

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, Congrats on everything!
I have a bit of advice for you, instead of thanking the universe, Thank God who created you & your ability to dream. He knows your name, make sure you know His, & give Him the credit & glory He is due. Consider this from Ephesians 3...
For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger goba said...

2 weeks ago, I completed and published my first web page (first edition). Even though I used a service which offered templates, I had to add all the content, color, graphics, etc. It took about 2 months. After it was completed though, I felt somewhat of a disconnect with where I now want to take my practice and the website image. STOP. It was a major accomplishment just completing the project and it is a nice site. I can modify as I go.

I had not thought about the celebration,,, I was, am grateful and proud.

 
At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations David on your many completed projects and the exciting year ahead.

Sometimes health issues can be major milestones. In October I herniated 4 disks in my back. Getting well has been a major challenge, however I have just completed a 4 week intensive "Work Hardening" physical therapy program which strengthen me to the point where I could lift the 40 pounds necessary to go back to work. Yesterday I completed the required annual training, and I expect to go back to work tomorrow or the next day. I'm Elated!!! Today I slept till noon, went to Starbucks and had dinner out in celebration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home